Basic Info and Facts
Wood Icing is a decorative product for indoor use only.
Prepping the surface:
- It is not necessary to strip old paint unless there is a severe amount of paint peeling.
- If the base is not adhered good, nothing you put on top will adhere to the surface, so sanding or removing paint may be necessary.
- Clean surface with a Degreaser (Add a squirt or two of Dawn Dish Detergent to a bucket of warm water)
- Rinse thoroughly with 1 cup vinegar and a bucket of water.
- Allow drying.
- Scuff sand to give tooth to the surface so the Textura Paste will adhere to the surface.
Use a Bonding Primer the following surfaces with a bonding primer:
- Water based or oil based primer are acceptable. (Preferably a primer with a matt finish when dry)
- When working on plastic, melamine, Formica and metal.
- Unpainted pressed board.
- Surfaces with paint peeling off (after sanding).
- Any surface, with which adhesion is in question apply a primer.
- If the possibility of color bleeding through from the previous paint color.
If necessary base paint with a Flat or Eggshell paint after primer:
- *If your project has been previously painted and there is no chipping or peeling, no primer will be necessary. Just rough up the surface and proceed with this color as your base or paint with a new base color.
- Use dark colors for projects with a dark colors
- Use light colors for projects to be stained or glazed a light to medium shade.
Apply Textura Paste directly to the following surfaces:
- Unfinished wood
- Previously painted surfaces. (Sand, clean, and scuff sand)